Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This could be the beginning of an epic struggle

The rabid Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin crew vs. the establishment power structure of the crony-cultured Republican Party. (via Andrew Sullivan)

"I just find it fascinating that my many friends who claim to be against Washington having too much power, they claim to be in favor of the 10th Amendment giving states back their rights, they claim to favor local control and local authority, now they suddenly get local control and local authority in upstate New York, they don’t like the outcome. [...] So I say to my many conservative friends who suddenly decided that whether they’re from Minnesota or Alaska or Texas, they know more than the upstate New York Republicans? I don’t think so. And I don’t think it’s a good precedent. [...]

And so this idea that we’re suddenly going to establish litmus tests, and all across the country, we’re going to purge the party of anybody who doesn’t agree with us 100 percent — that guarantees Obama’s reelection. That guarantees Pelosi is Speaker for life. I mean, I think that is a very destructive model for the Republican Party," - Newt Gingrich, on Palin and others supporting Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman.


They created this monster. Good luck Newt. They're going to set their sites on him at some point before 2012, if not in 2010. This seems to be brewing as the most vivid example inner-Republican backlash in some time ... dare I say since Newt's own party-rebound effort from George H.W. Bush's turnover to Clinton. His Contract with America. Ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment