Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Last of the golden boys

Was Tiger possibly the last American golden boy? I mean, I never thought of him in any scandal situation. He just seemed determined, or something. Turns out he was bored. Or I assume he was. I imagine if you're the best in the world at something, you're beyond rich and you're married to a Norwegian model, reality is skewed and you need a new thrill. He could do whatever he wanted. What person wouldn't take it advantage. You'd almost be crazy not to. I'm not condoning infidelity (though I don't really care b/c it's not my business). He'll get hounded, but this isn't the end of course. And, as Michael Wilbon points out in Tiger's remarks, it's a shame this personal sin has to be splayed out and filleted for the whole world to see. Again, no one suffers like the victims, and even more so in the public eye. THAT should have deterred him. It didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment